Welcome to the Department German as a Foreign Language at VHS Göttingen Osterode gGmbH. The VHS offers morning and evening courses at all levels of the "Common European Framework of Reference for languages" (level A1 to level C2). In addition to classroom teaching, we also offer online courses.
- VHS Göttingen Osterode has an open programme which includes intensive German courses in the morning and evening courses. Our morning classes consist of 20 to 25 hours/week, 4 to 5 times per week, whereas the evening courses offer 90 minutes of teaching twice a week. If seats are available, you can also join during the semester. Please register via the registration form on our homepage: https://vhs-goettingen.de/programm/deutsch-integration-1
- We also offer intensive/integration courses according to the German migration law – which can be taken 4-5 times a week in the morning or in the afternoon - consisting of 20-25 lessons per week. The fees are 0 € / 220 € / 440 € for each module (4-8 weeks).
- The job-related German Courses called Berufssprachkurse (§45, DeuFöV) offer B2 and C1 level courses in the morning or in the afternoon, 20-25 lessons per week. For enrolling you need a document from your Jobcenter/Agentur für Arbeit called “Berechtigung” resp. „Verpflichtung“.
- The VHS also offers language courses for people with insecure residence status who are not eligible for integration courses or job-related courses. The courses have 300/200 lessons and run 5 days a week with 4-5 lessons daily. Participation is free of charge, sponsored by the “Ministerium für Wissenschaft und Kultur” of Niedersachsen.
- The VHS provides regular exam dates for telc language tests. The German courses offer the special preparation for these exams.
- For people in the process of naturalization the VHS offer naturalization tests, financed by the ministery BAMF.
For integration courses and job related courses please contact our German consultation, you need to register in person. Due to the current situation, you are kindly asked to make an appointment with the German consultation.
For further information, a personal consultation, assessment of your individual language level or course enrolment, we welcome you to our German consultation. Feel free to contact us via email, if you have any further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +49 551 4952 137. We are looking forward to seeing you at the VHS.